Join me on my exciting weight loss adventure!

Sunday, April 14, 2013

3 weeks into plant based

Today marks 3 weeks of eating a plant based diet. I've done very well. weight loss slowed down but still lost some. Down 11lbs and the scale is reading 197! YEA!!!

I received my plant based cook book and have tried a few recipes out of it and found some online that are very tasty. I ordered two more books that should be here in May, excited to get more recipes. I've made vegan ranch, vegan creamy Italian dressing (both with tofu), eggplant "meat"balls, "cheese" sauce, spelt blueberry pancakes, made some delicious cookies chocolate chips (cause a girl needs chocolate) and many other tasty plant based whole foods. I even experimented making a vegan recipe into a plant based whole foods recipe, didn't taste great, didn't taste bad either but I'll try again to see if I can get it to taste better before posting the recipe here.

Richard wanted to get take out from our favorite Thai restaurant I know they put fish oil and sugar in the curry I always get and it's served with white rice but I decided to throw caution to the wind and get it anyway. I ordered it with tofu instead of chicken like I use to and it was soooooo good! They put all sorts of veggies in it and the tofu is firm and soaks up the flavor of the curry. However! I woke up the next morning with a stuffy nose and gunk in my throat, which I hadn't had since I started this diet. I told Richard I will NOT be eating the leftovers (and I didn't, I let him eat them). I learned my lesson! I will not be going off the plant based whole foods diet again! I will be experimenting with making my own curry though!;)

Going to get the jogging stroller cover finished (yep still haven't done it!) and get back into running. I found out this weekend that they Young Women at church are doing a 5K this coming July and I want to be able to run it. Let's hope my asthma cooperates!

No comments:

Post a Comment