Join me on my exciting weight loss adventure!

Monday, February 6, 2012

week 7

I read an article several years ago, when I was 18 and started jogging, the first time, that most people who start an exercise routine, will not make it up to, or past 6 weeks. Well today is the start of week 7 for me! I've also heard it takes 6 weeks to make a habit. Regardless of whether or not there's any truth to those two statements, I'm still proud of myself for getting out there and exercising. I've even lost the 2 pounds I'd gained when I first started exercising, I'm hoping the weight loss trend continues.

I've been eating a lot of salad lately, with fat free dressing. I gotta say fat free dressing isn't bad tasting! and it has far fewer calories than regular or light dressing. With all the salad intake, I'm getting my daily veggie servings in, still working on the fruit though. I prefer veggies over fruit and really like salad so it makes it easy to eat. ....maybe I should start making fruit salads. ;) occasionally I'll make all fruit smoothies but not often enough. I've been eating smaller portions of other foods too, I'm getting the hang of this "dieting" thing .....again!

My asthma has been acting up the last 3 times I've gone jogging so I haven't been able to jog as long as I'd like but I'll take the time my body allows itself to jog. I'm walking the rest of the way, so I'm still going (roughly) 2 1/4 miles. I think I'll try taking an anti-histamine to see if that helps, my nose has been running those last few times so I know my allergies are acting up and contributing to the asthma.

I've been kicking myself lately for ever stopping jogging. I worked so hard to lose weight, and eat right all those years ago and I just quit doing all of it. If only I knew then what I know now!? I loved going out a jogging too, I felt great while doing it and loved the time I had to myself and to think. It was always such a sense of accomplishment each time I went jogging or looked in the mirror, put on a smaller pant size and stepped on the scale to see what all my hard work was doing for me and had gotten me. For some reason, it's so much harder the 2nd time around! Or maybe it just seemed easier then because I was younger?

I've been annoyed by my lack of weight loss as well, but after reading an article recently that said it can take 6-12 months for postpartum women to lose the baby weight, I feel a little better about not losing anything yet. But at the same time, I just really want to start seeing that number on the scale getting smaller! OK, whine fest over, back to being proud of my recent accomplishments! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment